10:53 am Google
For the past several years I have been using Google Forms to run my course evaluations. The system has worked very well. I now have several year’s worth of detailed course evaluations that I can refer back to at any time. All of the data is easy to read, and Google Forms has a built in summary feature that is super helpful.
You can view the form online right here: http://bit.ly/course-eval-demo
Here are some more reasons I like using the Google Forms system for my course evaluations:
1) It’s really easy to create a new copy of the form for each class. All I do is copy a blank version of the form, edit the title, and the form is ready.
2) The form is easy to edit. I can easily update the form any time I want and customize each form I give to each class.
3) I don’t have to deal with paper.
4) All student responses are typed.
5) All responses are automatically stored in my Google Docs account.
6) Submissions can be completely anonymous or you can require names.
7) The Google Forms summary feature works like a charm. I don’t have to configure a thing. Here’s what part of a summary page looks like:
If you’re still using paper course evaluations, I highly recommend giving Google Forms a try.
If you’d like a place to start with your own form, email me and I’ll share with you a copy of mine.
You must be logged in to post a comment.